Reducolest is a food supplement that cares for the cardiovascular system. It contains active ingredients that contribute to the maintenance of the normal cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood.
Cholesterol and triglycerides are a type of fat (lipids) that circulate in the blood, which are essential for life. They are part of the cell membranes of our organisms, they are necessary to manufacture certain substances such as hormones, bile acids, vitamin D, and they provide energy to the body.
However, high levels can lead to deposits in the arteries, causing alterations that compromise the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system.
Reducolest includes the following ingredients in its formulation:
- Red yeast rice, from which monacolin K is obtained, a bioactive that is able to inhibit the enzyme responsible for the formation of cholesterol, thereby reducing the cholesterol in blood. (1)
- Guggul, gugulesterones are obtained from the resin of this tree of Indian origin, which takes part in the balance of the lipid levels. (2)
- Shiitake, a mushroom used in traditional Chinese and Indian medicines because of its multiple properties. Among them, to protect the circulatory system by blocking the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine and inhibiting its formation. (1)
- Coenzyme Q10, a key biological catalyst for many of the biochemical reactions in organs as vital as the heart.
- Milk thistle, known as a natural remedy to support the function of the liver, the main organ where cholesterol and triglycerides are synthesised, regulator of the hepatic lipid metabolism. (3)
The combination of its active ingredients makes reducolest the ideal complement to maintain the optimal blood lipid levels.